domingo, 15 de janeiro de 2012

2012 - New Year Resolutions - New and old ones. What are yours?

The year has just begun and people usually take this opportunity to think about new (or old) promises to be fulfilled during the promising year. People usually try to achieve new goals...but it's always nice to remember that being committed to keep the ones we have already achieved is also a great resolution. For 2012 I have a lot of things that I do hope I'm able to achieve and keep them, such as:
- Going to bed early during the weekdays (on Wednesday it will be a little bit difficult because of the meetings at the Pub GoodFellas, but I will try it very hard!)
- Read more (I do enjoy reading, but this year, because of the course at USP, for sure I will have to find an extra time to read all that I will need to present my final research.)
- Spend more time with my friends and family (Ok, I know that is a resolution which I promise all the years, but the idea here is to keep getting more and more time (each year) with the people who really count in my life! I love and I need them.)
- Have a more effective participation in the "Café com Biscoito", a group on Facebook. It's a group made by and for teachers. It has a lot of helpful and creative tips to help us in our teaching practice, besides the great suggestions of many websites and activities. It's a private group, but if you get interested, just let me know. By the way, I got the picture on the left from the group, it was posted by  Carolina Ssaot on Dec.17. 2011. I thought it's just perfect for a New Year Resolution, as she in fact had suggested.
Today, if I could take only one...it would be UNDERSTANDING...maybe it would help me a lot in my new function at school. For sure, all of them are very important, but I think that it depends on the moment that you are experiencing in your life now..
And what about you...if you could take only one of them to stick to it (nowadays), which one would you pick? And why?
And, just in time, HAPPY NEW YEAR everybody! Let's make it counts!

Nenhum comentário: