terça-feira, 17 de março de 2015

St. Patrick's Day - the happiest day of the year!

       According to Heineken, today is the happiest day of the year because it's St. Patrick's Day...Does anyone doubt it? 
Of course we have all the religious celebration that must be remembered and I really like St. Patrick very much. Indeed, I think that the St. Patrick's prayer (or at least the one which is assigned to him) is the most complete prayer ever written because it's about protection in all levels and gratitude. It's also a great day (as an excuse) to have a pint of Guinness or any other beer that's your favorite one. But what makes this day really happy for me are two very special reasons: 
- First -  it's my father's birthday. Today he turns 74 years old and he has been very active, healthy and became more relaxed and is enjoying life doing what he likes to do: travel to the countryside and fishing. Celebrating his birthday has been very funny because of the children. And it's a great opportunity to get the family together. 
- Second -  my husband and I have an agreement - doesn't matter what happens on this day, if it was a great day or a perfectly trouble and complicated one - we will get together at the end of the afternoon and go to the nearest pub to have my pint of Guinness (because it's my favorite one) and his Weissbier  (a beer made of wheat). But the idea here is get a moment only for us, to chat a little and drink...no matter what! We often meet some friends there, but even then it's our moment to have fun. If we don't get some moments like this one for us, all the must-do things can make us forget about ourselves and, in the long run, it's very chaotic and harmful. After indulging ourselves, we go home to celebrate my father's birthday. So, the party keeps going on!
So, St. Patrick's Day, for me, is and always will be one of the happiest day of the year.
Enjoy it! And...
MAY THE LUCKY (AND JOY) OF THE IRISH BE WITH YOU!

Nenhum comentário: