quinta-feira, 1 de março de 2012
Getting the Message - Reading Tips
The tips are:
- Before you start reading, ask yourself what you know about the topic
- Use the title and illustrations to help you predict the content and meanings
- When you read a text which has a lot of new information, SKIM to get the gist and them read it again more slowly
- When you look for a specific piece of information, SCAN. Look for the word by shape, first letter, capital letters.
- If you don't know a word, use clues to help you understand: the kind of word it is, the topic, the ideas you expect.
- TALK to others about what you've read.
I hope these tips can help you!And just for curiosity...
...what have you been reading lately? ...do you have some other tip you'd like to include here or any other technique that help you to improve your reading? Share it with us! Thanks.