terça-feira, 11 de janeiro de 2011

New Year's Resolutions (Part II)

Ernest Hemingway (July 21, 1899 – July 2, 1961) was an American author and journalist. He won the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1954 and in 2011 he will be my inspiration for two "resolutions".
Mr. Hemingway said:“Never write about a place until you're away from it, because that gives you perspective”.
For 2011, I'll adapt it a little. I want more "perspective" in my life, in all the ways. It's interesting to see how some people talk about things that they don't have a clue or don't understand. It usually happens when judgement is envolved. Before talking or saying something, if we can take some minutes (even seconds) to think about it, the result can really surprise us! These minutes (or seconds) allow us to be away and to get a little hope of getting some "perspective". I really want to do it! It sounds hard, but training leads to perfection, so let's try!
And I guess that the second Hemingway's quote will be my second resolution and will help me to accomplish the first one.
He said: “I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen.”
Everybody knows the old saying that we have two ears and one mouth to listen much more than speaking. At least, the double.
I think it will be more difficult than the first resolution. I speak a lot...I know that! But I wish (and I will work hard for that) I could get the end of this year listening more than speaking.
And I think that three will be enough! These two resolutions plus the technological one (from the last post) will keep me very busy all the year! Wish me luck - I will need it!

Nenhum comentário: